Questions You May Be Asked During An Interview
Q: Tell me a little about yourself.
A: This is your opportunity to sell yourself. Interviewers like candidates who are self –confident, personable and able to work well within a team environment. Try to list your traits and interest with the particular job in mind.
Q: Why did you leave your last position?
A: Try to put a positive spin on your last position- you should NEVER talk badly about a former employer during an interview!
Q: What are your goals?
A: This is best answered by reiterating your objective statement on your resume.
Q: What are your weaknesses?
A: This does not mean going into detail about every area that you are weak in – instead, try to put a positive spin on an area you would like to improve on.
Q: Why should I hire you for this position?
A: This is a great time to let your passion for your job shine! Let the interviewer know that you would be able to hit the ground running and make an immediate positive impact within the company. Express how interested you are not only in the position available but in the company as a whole.
You May Also Be Asked:
- What can you do for us that someone else can’t?
- What do you look for in a job?
- How long would it take for you to make a meaningful contribution?
- How would your boss describe you?
- What do you think of your present or past boss?
- What are your strong points?
- What kind of hours are you used to working or would like to work?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What were your specific responsibilities?
- Did you run into any difficult situations? How did you handle them?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are particularly proud of and what you did.
- Tell me about the types of interaction you had with other workers.
- What would you like to get from this new job?
Questions You May Want to Ask the Interviewer:
- Why is the position open?
- What are some of the objectives you would like to see accomplished in this job?
- What is the immediate need you will put me on? What would you like to have done in the next 3 months?
- What are some of the long term objectives you would like to see completed?
- What advancement opportunities are available for me and within what time frame?
- What significant changes do you foresee in the near future?